2023 BBBY Chair Bio – Luisa Law
A veteran of the independent music business, Luisa Law produces independent media content across all platforms.
Projects include LOVE IN THE TIME OF CHOLERA starring Javier Bardem, APARTMENT 212 starring Kyle Gass (Tenacious D) and Sally Kirkland, COSMIC DAWN starring Emmanuelle Chriqui, MASTER GARDENER (written and directed by Paul Schrader), starring Sigourney Weaver and Joel Edgerton, THE ACCIDENTAL GETAWAY DRIVER starring Dustin Nguyen, and HAPPY CLOTHES, a documentary on legendary stylist Patricia Field (Sex and The City, The Devil Wears Prada, and Emily in Paris).
1. What motivated you to Co-Chair this year’s Be Beautiful Be Yourself Fashion Show?
“I have been a close friend of Michelle and Tom for years and have always supported the BBBY Fashion Show. It is a highlight of my year!”
2. What can we expect at this year’s Be Beautiful Be Yourself Fashion Show?
“I think we can expect to introduce new people to the GLOBAL network. It will be an exciting, raucous party with lots of surprises, as always!”
3. What about the Global Down Syndrome Foundation’s work inspires you?
“Well, what pulls the heartstrings of course is the welcoming of all and providing much needed services. The mind-blowing happens when you realize how much effort has been given and how much progress has been made in regards to the advancement of scientific research at the national level for Down syndrome and how that intersected with other treatments and possible cures of other diseases.”
4. There are a lot of worthwhile, not-for-profit events and causes. Why should someone support this one?
“Michelle summed it up best. This is a human rights issue.”
5. What do you hope for people with Down syndrome and their families in the future?
“What Sophia has demonstrated, I hope for all. An accepting and encouraging opening of minds and doors.”
6. Please share a sentence or two about your life, including what is important to you, and anything else you would like to share with others.
“I am blessed. My husband and I have been fortunate and have enjoyed successful careers and have many loving friends and family around us. That's what matters.”